How to Draw Sacred Geometry Art: step by step guide
In this guide you will learn how to draw sacred geometry art using a simple step by step method.
This sacred geometry drawing tutorial will include a downloadable PDF and instructions on drawing all sacred geometry symbols including the Flower of Life.
What materials you will need:
- Pencil / Eraser
- Straight Edge
Part 1: How to Draw Sacred Geometry: Understanding the Grid (9 Steps)
The most important part of this lesson is understanding the basic grid that all of the primary sacred geometry symbols are drawn from.
You will be surprised at how simple drawing sacred geometry art is after you see this grid.
Start by drawing a vertical line through the middle of your canvas.
- Using your compass, draw a circle with the origin at the midpoint.
- Mark a point where the perimeter of the circle overlaps the vertical line.
- Start at this point and use your compass to mark 4 additional equal spaces points.
- Connect all 6 points to form a hexagon.
- Divide each side of the hexagon into 3 segments
- Draw a line from the top left & top right corners of the hexagon to the center & divide them into 3 segments.
- Erase the lines outside of the circle and from the top point of the hexagon to the center.
- Connect lines from each of the segments to form an isometric cube.
- Connect vertical & diagonal lines through each of the points to finish the grid.
Part 2: How to Draw Sacred Geometry: Understanding how the 12 symbols interact with the grid.
- In this section you will learn how each of the Sacred Geometry shapes interact with the grid you created.
- Using this grid you can even freehand draw the shapes with accuracy.
All of the basic sacred geometry shapes fit perfectly into the grid. See examples below:
(Left) 64 tetrahedron grid, (middle) flower of life, (right) vesica piscis
(Left) germ of life, (middle) Metatron's cube, (right) vector equilibrium.
(left) seed of life, (middle) merkaba, (right) vector equilibrium.
(left) tree of life, (middle) fruit of life, (right) egg of life
Using these diagrams as reference, you can see how each shape directly corresponds to the points on the grid.
If sharing PDF online, you must link to this page. Images are ©Pardesco 2022. All rights reserved.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. If you enjoyed the content and want to support the artist, please consider purchasing some of their artwork. Your support helps to sustain their work and allows them to continue creating beautiful and meaningful pieces for you to enjoy. Thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you again soon!